- In Stock
- Product Code:
- NUTRIGREEN NUTRIHERB:AFRICAN POTATO 60 TABS
African wild potato is a plant. The African wild potato is used for urinary tract disorders including bladder infections (cystitis), prostate problems including benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) and prostate cancer; other cancers; and lung disease. It is also used for tuberculosis, arthritis, and a skin condition called psoriasis, as well as for delaying AIDS symptoms in people who are HIV-positive. Some people apply African wild potato directly to the skin to promote wound healing.
How does it work?
African wild potato contains chemicals that might decrease inflammation.
- Nutritionally beneficial for prostrate and bladder problems, testicular tumours, urinary infections, immune system enhancement, HIV and cancer.
- Additionally helpful for arthritis, rheumatism and gout.
- Scientific studies have established that the plant is a rich source of sterols and sterolins.
- The benefits for prostrate adenoma have been ascribed to, Phytosterol Glycosides, mainly B-Sitosterols, which by enzymatic effect inhibits S Alpha-Reductase which converts testosterone into Dihydro-Testosterone (DHT) and decreases the binding of Dihydro-Testosterone within the prostate.
- Anti-cancer, anti-HIV, immune boosting and anti-inflammatory activity has been ascribed to the compound Rooperol. (The aglycone of hypoxide, which is the 4,4’-Diglucoside)
- It is antimutagenic and cytotoxic to cancer cells and has a positive effect on the production of CD4 cells.
- None other than allergy or hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients.
- Do not take if you have a rare inherited fat storage disease called "sitosterolemia."
Warnings: Rated relatively safe when taken in appropriate quantities for short periods of time. When taken for any ailments if symptoms persist for more than three weeks consult your doctor or herbal practitioner. Although traditionally decoctions are given to children as a tonic, due to lack of research, not recommended for children under 12. Treating infants and children under 2 with any herbal preparation may be hazardous. Always consult with your doctor or herbal practitioner. If you are hypersensitive to or develop an allergic reaction to any of the ingredients, don’t take or discontinue immediately.
Pregnancy and Lactation: Not recommended for pregnant women or those planning pregnancy. It is therefore always advisable to consult with your doctor or herbal practitioner before taking any medication or supplements. Problems in breast-fed infants of lactating mothers when mother takes small or usual amounts have not been proved but may exist. It is therefore always advisable to consult with you doctor or herbal practitioner.
Interactions: There are no known interactions; however, with the proliferation of available drugs it is always advisable to consult your doctor or health care professional before taking this or any other supplements.
Overdosage: If symptoms are severe consult your doctor. Accidental overdose such as child ingesting a whole bottle. As a safety precaution obtain immediate medical assistance.