- In Stock
- Product Code:
- SOLGAR:ALPHA-LIPOIC ACID 200MG 50 CAPS
Solgar Alpha Lipoic Acid 200mg 50 Vegetable Capsules
Alpha lipoic acid is a coenzyme that the body produces in small amounts in the mitochondria. Alpha lipoic levels decrease the older we become or when our immune systems are compromised. It is a strong antioxidant and free cell scavenger and can bind with toxins such as mercury, copper or iron so they may be excreted from the body. Liver function may be improved due to this function.
When insulin levels are not correct in our bodies, glucose enters our cells and builds up, resulting in many health problems. Lipoic acid may be useful in normalizing blood glucose levels and insulin sensitivity. Persons suffering from diabetes may benefit from this ability.
May be supportive for:
- Encourages normal thyroid hormone levels
- Supports healthy nerves
- Promotes normal heart health
- Protects muscles from exercise related stress
- Supports the liver
- Promotes a strong brain and sharp memory
- Encourages healthy skin
- Promotes graceful aging
- Maintains healthy blood glucose levels